AMCHAM Member Directory
|Member Company since 1970|
|Address:||14-16th Floor, White Group Building II|
75 Soi Rubia Sukhumvit 42 Road
|Phone Number:||+66 (0) 2365-7000|
|Fax Number:||+66 (0) 2381-1249|
|Business Activity:||Manufacturing -Chemical Elements & Allied Products|
Dow combines the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. The Company is driving innovations that extract value from material, polymer, chemical and biological science to help address many of the world's most challenging problems, such as the need for fresh food, safer and more sustainable transportation, clean water, energy efficiency, more durable infrastructure, and increasing agricultural productivity. Dow's integrated, market-driven portfolio delivers a broad range of technology-based products and solutions to customers in 175 countries and in high-growth sectors such as packaging, infrastructure, transportation, consumer care, electronics, and agriculture. In 2016, Dow had annual sales of $48 billion and employed approximately 56,000 people worldwide. The Company's more than 7,000 product families are manufactured at 189 sites in 34 countries across the globe.
Dow Thailand Group
Dow first came to Thailand in 1967 and set up its first manufacturing facility in Thailand in Phra Pradaeng, Samutprakarn in 1978. In 1987, Dow signed joint venture agreement with SCG, and set up SCG-DOW Group. The company expanded its manufacturing base to Rayong province at Map Ta Phut Industrial Estate in 1993 and Asia Industrial Estate in 2011. Dow Thailand Group operates of 14 world-class plants including Ethyl Benzene and Styrene Monomer plant, Polystyrene plant, Polyethylene plants (Train I & II), Polyol plant, Formulated Polyol plant, Styrene-Butadiene Latex plant, Specialty Elastomers plant, Synthetic Latex Emulsion plant, Acrylic Emulsion plant, Poly-Acrylic Acid plant, Propylene Oxide plant, Propylene Glycol plant, Polyether Polyol plant. At present, Dow Thailand is the largest manufacturing base of Dow in Asia Pacific.
Dow Thailand Group has more than 1,000 lists of product families sold in Thailand. Either produced locally or imported for sales, these high-quality products are classified as follows:
• Products produced in Thailand: Polyethylene, Elastomers, Polyurethanes, Coatings, Polystyrene
• Dow’s products imported and distributed in Thailand: Agricultural Sciences, Consumer Solutions, Infrastructure Solutions, Performance Materials & Chemicals, Performance Plastics
Safety and Environmental Standards
Responsible Care® is Dow’s commitment in our manufacturing and management of chemical products worldwide. Since inception, we believe that environment, health and safety (EH&S) is our way of life. By declaring Responsible Care, we assure that our operations regardless where they are will be beneficial not only to us but also to neighboring communities and that it becomes a model for other businesses.
State-of-the-Art and Environmentally-Friendly Technology
To ensure the best environmental management possible, Dow Thailand takes the stage of designing our plants and planning each production process seriously, using the best available technologies. Some of our major achievements:
• Comparing to the existing technology, the Propylene Oxide (PO) plant technology enables reduction of waste water by 70-80%; reduces energy consumption by 35%; and reduces infrastructure and physical footprint with simpler raw material integration and avoidance of co-products, resulting in optimized use of resources and environmental friendliness. This technology was internationally recognized with an Innovation and Excellence Award in Core Engineering from the Institution of Chemical Engineers, headquartered in UK and 2010 Presidential Green Chemistry Challenge Award from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
• Specialty Elastomers plant technology includes close system, where vapor derived from production process is accumulated for elimination at the flare; no involvement of carcinogens, nor volatile organic compounds (VOC’s) in the production process; no sulfur oxide emission; utilization of Ultra Low NOx technology for burner and water heater to reduce the release of nitrogen oxide from production process.
• Company facility at Asia Industrial Estate utilizes the best available technology for Waste Water Treatment Plant (WWTP), designed to use biological treatment as a main mechanism. The facility utilizes advanced treatment units such as Dynasand Filters and Activated Carbon Filters, etc.
Throughout our 50 years of business in Thailand, we strive to building the workforce of tomorrow as well as innovating for global solutions. We do these by leveraging the potentials of employees to create economic and social values that will lead to better changes and sustainable well-being of the communities and society. Dow Thailand conducted the following global citizenship and sustainability programs based on Dow’s path of being the world’s good global citizen.
• Building the Workforce of Tomorrow: Dow Chemistry Classroom; Vocational Chemical Engineering Practice College Project (V-ChEPC); Dow – EF Development for Successful Youth & Rayong Happiness; Thai Red Cross – Dow Clean Drinking Water for Remote Schools; International Chemistry Olympiad
• Innovating for Global Solutions: Dow Chemical for Sustainable Industry (DCSI), Habitat for Humanity; Ban Chang Development Plan; Neighbor Care Project; Tree Planting and Protection Strips; International Coastal Cleanup; Community Partnership Association
|Back to Previous Page|