AMCHAM Member Directory
|Member Company since 1970|
|Address:||14-16th Floor, White Group Building II|
75 Soi Rubia Sukhumvit 42
|Phone Number:||+66 (0) 2365-7000|
|Fax Number:||+66 (0) 2381-1249|
|Business Activity:||Manufacturing -Chemical Elements & Allied Products|
|About Dow |
Dow combines the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. The Company is driving innovations that extract value from material, polymer, chemical and biological science to help address many of the world’s most challenging problems such as the need for clean water, clean energy generation and conservation, and increasing agricultural productivity. Dow’s integrated, market-driven, industry-leading portfolio of specialty chemical, advanced materials, agrosciences and plastics businesses delivers a broad range of technology-based products and solutions to customers in approximately 180 countries and in high-growth sectors such as packaging, electronics, water, coatings and agriculture. In 2015, Dow had annual sales of nearly $49 billion and employed approximately 49,500 people worldwide. The Company’s more than 6,000 product families are manufactured at 179 sites in 35 countries across the globe.
Dow Thailand Group
Dow entered the Thai market in 1967, establishing Dow Chemical Thailand Ltd. to import and distribute chemical products. In 1978, Dow set up its first manufacturing facility in Thailand in Phra Pradaeng, Samutprakarn to produce polystyrene. In 1987, Dow signed joint venture agreement with SCG, and set up SCG-DOW Group. The company expanded its manufacturing base to Map Ta Phut Industrial Estate in Rayong and opened a styrene-butadiene latex plant and a polyure¬thane plant in 1993. Since then, the company embarked on series of investments and constructed more integrated, world-scale manufacturing facilities such as polystyrene, solution polyethylene, specialty elastomers, propylene oxide, hydrogen peroxide, propylene glycol, polyether polyol, etc.
Consisting of Companies of Dow Chemical Thailand and the SCG-DOW Group, Dow Thailand Group, the leading science company in Thailand, is the largest manufacturing base of Dow in the Asia-Pacific region and a leading importer of chemical products for diverse industries in Thailand, including those for agriculture and household pesticides. The company is committed to developing science-driven innovations and strives to form effective collaboration and networks to bring about sustainability for its business as well as society.
State-of the Art and Environmentally-Friendly Technologies
To ensure the best environmental management possible, Dow Thailand Group takes the stage of designing our plants and planning each production process seriously, using the best available technologies. Some of our major achievements:
• Comparing to the existing technology, the Propylene Oxide (PO) plant technology enables reduction of waste water by 70-80%; reduces energy consumption by 35%; and reduces infrastructure and physical footprint with simpler raw material integration and avoidance of co-products, resulting in optimized use of resources and environmental friendliness. This technology was internationally recognized with an Innovation and Excellence Award in Core Engineering from the Institution of Chemical Engineers, head¬quartered in UK and 2010 Presidential Green Chemistry Challenge Award from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
• Specialty Elastomers plant technology includes close system, where vapor derived from production process is accumulated for elimination at the flare; no involvement of carcinogens, nor volatile organic compounds (VOCs) in the production process; no sulfur oxide emission; utilization of Ultra Low NOx technology for burners and water heaters to reduce the release of nitrogen oxide from production process.
• Our operations at the Asia Industrial Estate utilize the best available technology for Waste Water Treatment Plant (WWTP), designed to use biological treatment as a main mechanism. The facility utilizes advanced treatment units such as Dynasand Filters and Activated Carbon Filters, etc.
Safety and Environmental Standard
Dow Thailand Group adheres to our Responsible Care®. Our employees are required to participate in training programs, ranging from manufacturing-specific safety processes and emergency response procedures to environmental practice programs such as Waste Reduction Always Pays (WRAP), and the safety performance campaign, such as Safe a Life Program, to enhance awareness of local employees and contractors on the importance of returning home safely every day.
Dow Thailand Group has committed to corporate citizenship to improve the quality of life of the communities around our operational sites and help these communities create sustainable success. We have successfully developed projects at both national and local levels, focusing in the areas of education, environment and community well-being. Key projects in each area are:
• Education: Dow Chemistry Class; Vocational Chemical Engineering Practice College Project (V-ChEP); Safety Schools
• Environment: Dow Chemical for Sustainable Industry (DCSI), Inter¬national Coastal Cleanup (ICC); Tree Planting and Protection Strips
• Community well-being: Habitat for Humanity; Ban Chang Development Plan; Water-Purification Machine Fund; Community Partner-ship Association (CPA); Neighbor Care Project
|Back to Previous Page|